ACE asked Proctors CEO Philip Morris for his five favorite places to eat in Schenectady, and he said: “I have twenty!” Philip should know; he’s been living and working in Schenectady for over 20 years, since coming here to take charge of the historic downtown theater.
Since then, Proctors empire — aka Proctors Collaborative — has grown to include Universal Preservation Hall (opening in Saratoga Springs on February 29), CapRep, and the eponymous magazine, The Collaborative. Stay tuned for more Proctors announcements in 2020!
Philip whittled his list down to these favorites:
- Ambition, funky, good coffee, nice lunch
- Whistling Kettle, like Troy and Ballston Spa, only in Schenectady
- 20 North, late-night great burgers and loud and friendly,
- Oliver’s, Next to Mohawk Honda, great breakfast
- Daley’s on Yates, Fine food and great patio
- Malcolm’s, Unusual and delicious
- Stoney’s, Go to Irish pub with awesome sandwiches and salads
- Tara Kitchen, our own piece of Morocco
- Union Cafe, Upper Union breakfast spot (can u tell I like breakfast?)
- Scotti’s, Upper union pizza and fab red Italian
- Gershon’s, The best Jewish deli in the region
- More Perrecca’s, try the Eggs in Pugatory!
- Hungry Rooster, Hamburg Street ( ok ok, I like breakfast!)