ACE is looking for Freelance Lifestyle Writers for a new project launching in 2021.
As a Freelance Lifestyle Writer you will:
- Stay on top of and report on Capital Region trends and topics of interest to a diverse mix of millennials and Gen Zs, using existing templates and maximizing content for web, video and social media.
- Propose your own story ideas and angles based on your insight and knowledge, as well as receive assignments from editors and managers.
- Understand what does/doesn’t work for a story on our site, and demonstrate flexibility and willingness to re-focus ideas.
- Dive into research, making use of internal and external links, to show your stories are based on more than just one person’s opinion.
- Take a data-driven approach to writing, to gain insights on article performance.
- Ability to work in an independent environment.
- Consistently deliver high-quality, self-edited, and professional articles.
- Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding remote environment.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Experience and background in — and passion for! – writing and reporting on a variety of topics including: Culture, News Trends, Travel, Food, and other Lifestyle topics, as well as a distinctive voice that resonates with our target audience.
- A strong grasp of proper grammar and punctuation (e.g., Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style). Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
- The skill to recognize interesting news elements, come up with story ideas, and have these appeal to our audience.
- A willingness to learn quickly and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
- A working knowledge of search-engine optimization and previous experience using WordPress is strongly preferred.
If this opportunity interests you and you fit the job description, please send resume, articles, and published writing samples to email@example.com.