There is no doubt that COVID-19 has had a devastating impact on creative industries across the globe.
Simply put, the Capital Region creative industries are a critical sector of our economy and are crucial to our recovery.
Our local creative businesses and organizations bring vibrancy into our region.
These industries, and the creative people who make them come alive, are resilient. We will overcome. It is time to lift each other up — to support ourselves and our institutions in the darkest of times like they support us in our own dark times. Stand up in solidarity. We have an idea on how to do just that…#CapNYRedAlert
How to Participate
- Register via the link toward the bottom of this page, to receive information and updates about #CapNYRedAlert.
- Show your support and share your story on social media, tagging #CapNYRedAlert.
- Buy a red lightbulb. You can purchase them online, here, or at a local hardware store. Please #SupportLocal!
- Replace the light bulb in front of your house/business (over your front door, on your porch, etc.) with the red lightbulb and shine it bright! As we head into Daylight Savings Time, the shortened days will add even more hardship to creative businesses struggling to stay afloat, as outdoor dining and performances wind down.
- Donate to not-for-profit arts organizations and artist support programs like…
Show Your Support & Spread the Word!
- Scroll below to register.
- Share your support by posting the #CapNYRedAlert logo on social media. Caption it something along the lines of, “Support our local creative industries #CapNYRedAlert”.
- Share stories of your favorite creative businesses and tag them with #CapNYRedAlert
- Tag us in your photos, FB: @upstatecreative, IG: @upstatecreative, Twitter: @upnycreative. we would love to share all of the photos and compile them.
- Tag your favorite local creative businesses and organizations to let them know they have your support!
- #CapNYRedAlert Profile: Norm Dascher, Jr., The Hyde Collection
- #CapNYRedAlert Profile: Elizabeth Sobol, SPAC
- #CapNYRedAlert Profile: Jon Elbaum, Troy Savings Bank Music Hall
- Lost Art: Measuring COVID-19’s devastating impact on America’s Creative Economy
- “Can Anyone Really Solve NYC’s Indoor Dining Problem?”
- “It is not just artists who are starving: how the US can rebuild its creative industry post-Covid”
- “COVID crisis: We need all hands on deck to save America’s arts and culture economy”
- Let Your Voice Be Heard By Taking This Five-Minute Survey By Americans for the Arts