Darn Good Yarn is looking for a freelance pattern designer to assist with the design and photography of new knitting, crochet or weaving patterns.
The candidate best suited for this position is a skilled knitter, crocheter or weaver, has experience designing patterns for all skill levels and can produce designs on a monthly basis.
The Pattern Designer will be responsible for the following;
• Ensure all designs are provided on a timely basis
• Designing projects based on project directive
• Provide Design photography
• Contribute ideas for design, yarn selection, etc.
• Format patterns in accordance to the Darn Good Yarns Pattern Standards
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
• Intermediate or stronger knitting, crochet or weaving skills
• Strong communication, writing and organizational skills are a must
• Desire to work and grow in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency with various online platforms including, Word, Excel and Publisher
• Obsessive attention to detail
• Strong work-ethic
• Ability to work independently and in coordination with various team members